On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Vinod Nanjaiah <vinod_nanja...@mindtree.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Vinod Nanjaiah <
> vinod_nanja...@mindtree.com> wrote:
>
>  Just to add to this, I am running net-snmp-5.4.3 as suggested by Bart Van
> Assche
> [ ... ]
>

> As far as I know version 5.4.3 builds fine, so there might be a problem
> with the setup of the PC you are using for building Net-SNMP.
>
> Bart.
>

> Thanks Bart.
>

> I will probably try installing the same on another PC.
>
> BTW, which library has the definitions for
>
> _RegisterService, _UnregisterService, _RunAsService, etc.

That's an easy question:

$ find-svn | xargs grep -w RegisterService
apps/snmptrapd.c:        exit (RegisterService(lpszServiceName,
snmplib/winservice.c:RegisterService (LPCTSTR lpszServiceName, LPCTSTR
lpszServiceDisplayName,
include/net-snmp/library/winservice.h:  int RegisterService (LPCTSTR
lpszServiceName,
agent/snmpd.c:        exit (RegisterService(lpszServiceName,
$ find-svn win32 | xargs grep -i winservice.c
win32/snmptrapd/Makefile.in:SOURCE=..\..\snmplib\winservice.c
win32/snmptrapd/snmptrapd.dsp:SOURCE=..\..\snmplib\winservice.c
win32/snmpd/Makefile.in:SOURCE=..\..\snmplib\winservice.c
win32/snmpd/snmpd.dsp:SOURCE=..\..\snmplib\winservice.c
win32/libnetsnmptrapd/Makefile.in:SOURCE=..\..\snmplib\winservice.c

So the answer is: at least the function RegisterService() is defined in the
source file snmplib/winservice.c, and this source file is included in
libnetsnmptrapd.

Bart.