Hi,
I was not able to proceed further with building the perl snmp modules. I tried
installing it on another system also, but got stuck at the same point.
One deviation I did from the README file is to install regex from a different
source. The link provided to gnu_regex.exe downloads a corrupt file.
I hope this has nothing to do with the perl snmp build failure.

I tried an alternate way -
used source code of my subagent generated on linux and compiled it as windows
service. But I am not able to run it.
Even on registering the service with the command "my_subagent.exe -register", I
don't see it in the list of services.

Another problem is that without completing the perl snmp installation, snmpconf
is not available; without which snmpd throws up some warnings as shown below.

 > snmpd
                No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
                iquerySecName has not been configured - internal queries will
fail
                Warning: no access control information configured.
                  (Config search path:
c:/usr/etc/snmp;c:/usr/share/snmp;c:/usr/lib)
                  It's unlikely this agent can serve any useful purpose in this
state.
                  Run "snmpconf -g basic_setup" to help you configure the
snmpd.conf file for th
                is agent.
                NET-SNMP version 5.4.3

I could not find any information on how to go about running subagents on
windows or how to get over the perl snmp build problem.
Appreciate any pointers.

Thank you,
Vinod