On 18 February 2011 11:02, Alec Edgington
<alec.edging...@thales-esecurity.com> wrote:
> Hello. I would appreciate some help getting started with building a subagent
> using mib2c and MFD.

I have little or no expertise with the MfD framework,
but there is one glaring error in your example:

>> snmpget -v1 -c public localhost nsIETFWGChair1

A GET request must always include the instance subidentifiers
(i.e. the index to the table).   A GET request on the bare MIB object
name will never work - be this a column object within a table,
or a scalar object (which needs the subidentifier '0')

Try
    snmpgetnext -v1 -c public localhost nsIETFWGChair1

That will at least have a fighting chance of working.