Hello,

  I'm running NET-SNMP version 5.4.1
on Linux 2.6.26-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Jan 10 17:57:00
UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  I have a buggy MIB that's generating malformed traps and the vendor wants me
to provide them a raw dump of some of the received traps for their developers
to demonstrate the problem.

  The system is a live prod system handling traps from a variety of systems (I
don't have a separate testing box available in this environment) and I'm
wondering if there's a way to capture these specific traps while not breaking
the other processing we're doing. I have over 100 MIBs being loaded and the
handling scripts that get called to process the traps depend on the MIB
provided names (vs raw numeric forms).

  I removed the MIB file for the traps in question to see if that would help,
but as these traps are a subset of the Sun hardware MIB tree even that data
gets partially interpreted (and I have other working MIBs under that tree so I
can't remove the entire hierarchy). Hoping there's some debug option where i
can still capture raw (numeric) trap data without breaking all the other
processing I'm depending on?

  Thanks,
  Chris Bartram

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable,
to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and
lived well". (Ralph Waldo Emerson)