On 14 June 2011 03:38, Chris Bartram <chrisrbart...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I have a buggy MIB that's generating malformed traps and the vendor wants
> me to provide them a raw dump of some of the received traps for their
> developers to demonstrate the problem.
>
>   The system is a live prod system handling traps from a variety of systems
> (I don't have a separate testing box available in this environment) and I'm
> wondering if there's a way to capture these specific traps while not
> breaking the other processing we're doing.

Two possibilities spring to mind.

One would be to run a second, separate trap receiver on the same server
(listening on a different port).  Then tweak one of the affected trap generators
to send notifications to that second port as well as (or instead of) the normal
recipient.

The alternative would be to run "wireshark" (or similar) on the trap receiver
host, to capture incoming traffic.  You could then filter this data to
extract the
relevant traps.
   That shouldn't need to touch any of the SNMP setup at all.