On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Dave Shield <d.t.shi...@liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 14 September 2011 14:44, Disc Magnet <discmag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have the following content in
>> C:\usr\share\snmp\mibs\UCD-NOTIFICATION-TEST-MIB.txt:
>>
>>        UCD-NOTIFICATION-TEST-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
>>              IMPORTS ucdExperimental FROM UCD-SNMP-MIB;
>>
>>        ucdNotificationTestMib MODULE-IDENTITY
>>          -- omitted
>
> Why is this block omitted?

I just copy-pasted the MIB given in the tutorial:
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:snmptrap#SNMPv2_Traps

I thought, I'll get a "hello, world" sort of notification working with
snmptrap and snmptrapd to get a feel of how this thing works and then
go ahead and learn how to write detailed MIBs.