Hello All

 We are
using net-snmp 5.7.1 and extended the snmp agent with our

 enterprise specific mibs. We have used “
mib2c -c mib2c.iterate.conf”

 option to generate skeleton code for
Table objects.

We need to support following functionality
during set opration.

Delete a entire row from table.

Create a row.

And modify row two or more columns
in a single table.

My quations is provide above
such operation during set in table we must have RowStatus column in
mib table like ?

vtpVlanEditRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE

SYNTAX     RowStatus

1:active

2:notInService

3:notReady

4:createAndGo

5:createAndWait

6:destroy

MAX-ACCESS read-create

STATUS     current.

If we generate a code that mib
containing the RowStatus OBJECT-TYPE

Using “ mib2c -c mib2c.iterate.conf” we found some  more switch case in
skeleton code like.

case
COLUMN_CALIENTTCONNROWSTATUS:

                switch
(*request->requestvb->val.integer) {

                case
RS_CREATEANDGO:

                case
RS_CREATEANDWAIT:

.

1.
We want to know

   a. how create a row if row cotain 20 colums

      Do we need each colum in row should have
read-wirte?

   b. What will be index of
that colum for creating new row.

      If without index is it
possible?.

     Like during update in set we
have to pass index of that colums

    snmpset -v 2c -c private 192.168.101.177 1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.1.1.1.1000
s "NewGenName"        1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.1.1.21.1000 i 25       and its is
working fine for valide index.

   c. how we delete entire row from table?.

2.Secondly we want to our net-snmp give responde only request is coming from
some specific IP. How we rid this in net-snmp.

3- Is any difference between mib object having

MAX-ACCESS read-write or MAX-ACCESS   read-create.  ~Suresh