Suresh kumar <skjaiswa...@hotmail.com> writes:

[first, please don't send your message multiple times.  Everyone that
answers on this list is a volunteer and they can't always get to every
question very quickly, especially when they're long or complex]

[second, please don't write to both mailing lists; if you're just a user
of the Net-SNMP code, APIs, or applications, just write to the -users list]

>    a. how create a row if row cotain 20 colums

You'll need to create the row in your internal structures given the data
in the incoming requests.  If there aren't as many columns in the
incoming data that you need, you'll either have to fill in the
appropriate defaults, reject the request (if the rowstatus object was
createAndGo), or (if createAndWait) create a template row with missing
data and wait for the manager to fill in the rest before setting the row
to active.

>    b. What will be index of
> that colum for creating new row.

The index value depends on the MIB.

>       If without index is it
> possible?.

It is not legal for rows to exist without an index, so no.

>      Like during update in set we
> have to pass index of that colums
>

>     snmpset -v 2c -c private 192.168.101.177 1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.1.1.1.1000
> s "NewGenName"        1.3.6.1.4.1.9999.2.1.1.1.21.1000 i 25       and its is
> working fine for valide index.
>
>    c. how we delete entire row from table?. is this we requere index
>       for table.   d. how to delete single row.

Since the iterate mechanism that you're using is designed to loop
through another data source, you'll need to go through that data source
(memory, file, etc) and remove the related rows from those structures.

> 2.Secondly we want to our net-snmp give responde only request is coming from
> some specific IP. How we rid this in net-snmp.

You didn't specify what version of SNMP you're using.  If you're using
(the insecure) SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c versions, the com2sec configuration
directives allow you to specify hostnames/ranges to accept traffic from.
Net-SNMP's SNMPv3 support doesn't provide an internal firewall for
SNMPv3 (since the protocol itself is much more secure), and thus you'll
need to add an external firewall to drop requests from other addresses.

> 3- Is any difference between mib object having
>
> MAX-ACCESS read-write or MAX-ACCESS read-create

read-create objects are designed to be created when new rows are
created, where as read-write means the manager isn't allow to create new
objects there and con only modify existing ones.
--
Wes Hardaker
Please mail all replies to net-snmp-cod...@lists.sourceforge.net