Hey,

>> Try putting your snmpd.conf file in /usr/local/etc/snmp

Have try, but it didn't work, so I run the based command, and now I got my snmp
working.

Now, I'm able to do :

snmpget -v2c -c tutget localhost:9999
NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0
 >>NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0 = INTEGER: 1

But :  snmpset -v2c -c tutset localhost:9999
NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0 = 5
Return me : Reason: wrong Length (The set value has an illegal length from what
the agent expects)
Failed object: NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0

This is because I'm running on Ubunu x64 I guess.

I found this thread :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CAKoMtGY7YiMM9L4UmcFEFim23sp7YWxAdQiLPVf-EhwsLicmzQ%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=net-snmp-users
And I'm actually trying our solution (long instead of int).

I compile back net snmp (./configure // make // make install (do I have to do
that all the time ?).
Restart snmpd

But still getting :

snmpset -v2c -c Dialog localhost NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0
= 5
Error in packet.
Reason: wrongLength (The set value has an illegal length from what the agent
expects)
Failed object: NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0

snmpset -v2c -c Dialog localhost NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0
s 5
No log handling enabled - using stderr logging
NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentModuleObject.0: Bad variable type (Type of
attribute is Integer32, not OCTET STRING)

Cordialement,