On 20 July 2012 21:29, Reno, Sheppy <sheppy.r...@ellucian.com> wrote:
> With that said, we had considered modifying the source directly,
> but discarded this idea as it would require recompiling on upwards
> of 400 machines that are managed by various different groups.
> If I'm mistaken and this can be changed without needing to recompile
> I would definitely reconsider going this route instead.
>    Is it possible to make the change without recompiling?

No - changing the source code would inevitably require recompilation.

It shouldn't be necessary to recompile this on each system individually
(particularly if you've installed the software as a proper package, which
if you are working with 400 systems is definitely worth doing!).
  But you would need to do this for each distinct architecture
(and possibly for different O/S release)

  If you've got a mechanism that works for you - then fine.