I assume you are using the snmptranslate to convert your input from OID to MIB
format? If so, The snmptranslate does parse the entire MIB file every time
which takes time depending on the size of your MIB file and this cannot be
avoided. The problem is compounded when you have more than one MIB files. So I
would suggest, since Telegraf is your own code use the pre-compiled config of
these MIBS.

What I mean is, do snmptranslate to get MIB to OID mapping using the command
below (try different options yourself):

/usr/bin/snmptranslate -Tso -m <mib-file>

The output you get here will contain the 1-1 mapping of all OIDs and Text form
inside the MIB file. You can store this output in some file or table. Now you
can just load this table in-memory which is having a pre-compiled data of
snmptranslate into your Telegraf code. Write a function in ur code that will
use this mapping to do the translation you need (OID to MIB or reverse as per
need). This would be a recursive function.

By this you avoid calling snmptranslate function everytime. Your own recursive
function will be far faster to produce the output you need.

Regards,
Kalim

On Apr 12, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Paulo Henrique Peres