From: Frank Fock <f...@agentpp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:15 AM
To: Michał Tarczyński <michal.tarczyn...@radmor.com.pl>
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Problem with SNMPv3 traps with authentication

Hi Michael,

I guess you need to check your SNMPv3 engine ID configuration (i.e. use unique
SNMPv3 engine IDs for all SNMPv3 entities) when you test using SNMP4J only.

In addition, when using the NET-SNMP snmptrap or any other notification sender
with the SNMP4J trap listener or any other notification receiver, you need to
add the USM auth(No)Priv user with the engine ID of the snmptrap entity to the
USM of the SNMP4J notification receiver.

This is required, because for SNMPv3 traps/notifications, the notification
sender is authoritative.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Frank