From: Atkins, Brian <brian.atk...@netapp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 2:47 PM
To: Michał Tarczyński <michal.tarczyn...@radmor.com.pl>; 'Frank Fock'
<f...@agentpp.com>
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Problem with SNMPv3 traps with authentication

But with noAuthNoPriv, the encoded passphrases aren’t being sent, and the
receiver is not trying to decode them.  When an authPriv trap is received, the
trap receiver uses the authoritative engine ID to decode the passphrases and
ensure they match the preconfigured USM user’s passphrases, which must have
been encoded using the trap sender’s engine ID (which is authoritative).
Perhaps snmp4j in your receiver is using its own generated engine ID by
default, so you may need to ensure the creation of the USM users on the trap
receiver actually used the engine ID of the trap sender (and the correct
passphrases, of course).

I would also look into whether snImp4j has diagnostic/debug logging that can be
enabled while your developing.  That might reveal were the problem lies.

Brian