I agree, thanks Adam and many others for the great descriptions and images of
the list!

It is so much more than just protocols or guidelines, somewhat in the sense
that a forest is not "instance 43 of forest type A" but a wonderful ongoing
fabric of everything that happens and doesn't happen there, plus more.  This
list is also, I think, quite imaginatively active and not "a machine that makes
copies of things ABC happening in a forest."  This is an aspect of culture
having natural spontaneity and not easy to replicate, impossible to mass
produce, sort of like a good soil that can support lots of other related
phenomena in diversity.  It surprises!  Which is both wonderful and too
uncommon.

Only posting rather recently, I'm happy to go with the current and where that
means change I'll definitely support it.  Perhaps additive rather than
prescriptive change is achievable and there are plusses to that approach when
it can work.  The name is a good guide maybe, encapsulating a non-determinative
but avid awareness, in that "behaviour" is from the Old French "to have," but
ephemerally, and "net" connotes both web and sum.  Also from the reverse
perspective: the behavior of the medium (or instrument) itself, its tone or
tuning, is equally present.

Locality and diversity are easy to overlook and always merit attention, even
more so as the world starts revving engines again (not all great ones) and the
post-pandemic world emerges.  Postings about walks and green spaces convey a
lot for me so I greatly enjoy others sharing similar experiences from time to
time.  Kind of like in lines from Tintern Abbey:  "While with an eye made quiet
... / We see into the life of things."  I get glimpses like that often from the
list, in contrast to algorithm-driven content streams which always have a
certain maddening hum of accelerant to them.

Participatory spaces that allow for imagination may have more importance than
we realize.  Or as Calvino wrote:

"Think what it would be to have a work conceived from outside the self, a work
that would let us escape the limited perspective of the individual ego, not
only to enter into selves like our own but to give speech to that which has no
language, to the bird perching on the edge of the gutter, to the tree in spring
and the tree in fall, to stone, to cement, to plastic.....
"Was this not perhaps what Ovid was aiming at, when he wrote about the
continuity of forms?  And what Lucretius was aiming at when he identified
himself with that nature common to each and every thing?"

All best wishes and regards,

Max