"When I look"

http://www.alansondheim.org/WhenI.jpg

When I look at my work and see a gravestone to loss
Or the gravestone, encavitated among the monstrous thought
Against the millwheel, sluice, unnatural moss
And mind so lost in uselessness unwrought
Among the gravework untrammeled by a toss
Of earth and mold, the shovel more distraught
By everything, from encapsulation to an angry boss
Who ordered haute cultour as something to be bought
Instead of webwork woven into foss
And the drift of plankton isoclines still borromean sought
Ah yes, when I look, down vertical than across
Forged, forgotten anointed, waiting, in the rot
Of mined, swept galaxies, incapacities of joss
And absence, death, collapse, so not a lot,
Then

- A poem by me, Alan Sondheim

Like "When I look"

http://www.alansondheim.org/WhenI.jpg

Like When I look at my work and see a gravestone to loss
Like the gravestone, encavitated among the monstrous thought
Like Against the millwheel, sluice, unnatural moss
Like mind so lost in uselessness unwrought
Like Among the gravework untrammeled by a toss
Like earth and mold, the shovel more distraught
Like everything, from encapsulation to an angry boss
Like Who ordered haute cultour as something to be bought
Like Instead of webwork woven into foss
Like the drift of plankton isoclines still borromean sought
Like Ah yes, when I look, down vertical than across
Like Forged, forgotten anointed, waiting, in the rot
Like mined, swept galaxies, incapacities of joss
Like absence, death, collapse, so not a lot,
Like Then

- Like A poem by me, Alan Sondheim