I didn't know you could use an SL client to log onto an OpenSim server.
That's really cool. Means that people can experiment with setting up
their own virtual life server without the hassle of writing a
complicated client as well. Can't wait to try it out.

Bummer for Linden. Lesson learned: Don't toy with open-source unless you
really mean it. You have to be careful if you want to have your cake and
eat it too. Bad side to the lesson: People like Microsoft can use this
as an example of how "viral" open source is and how it's going to
destroy your business model if you use a single piece of open source
software.

Pall