Hi Richard,

To save confusion here is a copy of the main text from the pledge:

This is a public art experiment in the de-escalation of carbon-fuelled,
high altitude, high-velocity, global art careering. For six months we
choose to cover less physical distance, move more slowly between
destinations, to look futureward with more attention to the view from
the ground and the network, for ways to connect with others around the
world.

Who can sign up to this pledge? Any individual involved in the arts:
artist (in the broadest sense), curator, art administrator, art
appreciator, gallerist, art critic, art historian, art academic, art
technician, art security, art transporter etc. Whether you currently fly
for art 50 times a year or never, your engagement will change things by
making your position in the artworld visible and by offering an
alternative perspective. If you work with others you may need to
completely revise your schedules and budgets and lobby for the right not
to fly.

This is to light the blue touch paper of Gustave Metzger's Reduce Art
Flights campaign using the generative and viral capabilities of social
networks. We want to know more about the impact of air-flight on the
artworld (and beyond). We intuit that abstaining from air flight will
motivate and enable people (with more time, money, energy and attention)
to relate differently to their own local cultures and to connect more
imaginatively to other cultures.

marc