  From: Montserrat Bru Manobens
  To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
  Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2009 7:25 AM
  Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] New project Zumzum Gallery: Counter Theory
ofColors

  Hello Karen,

  Cool that you´ve taken "Ars politica" as a way of expression.
  Cool that you think that you´re doing "the most interesting, dynamic and
exciting emerging art".

  Cool that you got me engaged here, answering your email about making
politics, because Politics is all you think about, isn´t it?
  Cool that I´ve decided to work in something completely different. Emergency
in concept and quality.

  Yes, Zumzum Gallery´s criteria is intrinsically autonomous, non tendencial
and apolitical and our purpose is to promote real emerging arts created by
emerging artists, understanding emerging as original, different and new. Our
productions are always art installations/sets. New TechArts and Digital Poetry.
  This is what we do.

  I don´t dig in Ars politica-Ars contrapolitica. Question of choice, allow me!
That´s why I would never promote any of it. Not in my scope. Been going on
forever. As a matter of fact, this kind of art has been supported by churches
and politicians and any other source of power and contrapower.

  I´m far more interested in presenting new interactive and creative options to
the world. Cool too! And yes, under 30 artists are the ones who really need our
support. Call it positive discrimination, if you want. Cool too!

  Now, to your last question: Zumzum Gallery do not need to belong or follow
any political doctrine. We feel freer than free with our criteria. Like I said,
we chose to keep autonomous, non tendencial and apolitical and focus in real,
emerging options, as we understand them.
  There´s no political censorship at all in the part of the world I come from.
Europe. Cannot say the same of India, where I´m now temporarily located.
Censorship over here is fierce in any kind of issue. Anyhow, we managed to
organize the international symposium Digital Power Poetry successfully, which
is great.
  http://www.digitalpowerpoetry.com/

  By the way, I hope you did the survey on Color, thanks! It would be great if
you could forward the link to the Color survey to any school, university, home
for the elderly, etc. I´ll be needing at least 5000 answers to be accurate and
I value greatly the feedback of the youngest and the oldest, as I get very few
  Thanks for your help

  Best regards

  Montserrat Bru
  chairperson Zumzum Gallery. Emerging Arts
  head curator Digital Power Poetry

  On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM, karen blissett