A Novel Prompts a Conversation About How We Use Technology
By JULIE BOSMAN and CLAIRE CAIN MILLER

Has Dave Eggers written a parable of our time, an eviscerating
takedown of Silicon Valley and its privacy-invading technology
companies?

Or has he missed his target, producing a sanctimonious screed that
fails to humanize its characters and understand its subject?

Book critics are divided over the quality of Mr. Eggers’s highly
anticipated novel “The Circle,” which went on sale Tuesday. But in
Silicon Valley and beyond, the book’s theme promises to spark an even
bigger debate over the 21st-century hyperconnected world that Mr.
Eggers describes.

Set in an “undefined future time,” Mr. Eggers’s novel tells the story
of Mae Holland, a young idealist who comes to work at the Circle,
an immensely powerful technology company that has conquered all its
competitors by creating a single log-in for people to search, shop and
socialize online.

http://nyti.ms/1akhmcT

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield