yes - hypercard was around in the early? or at least mid-80s, & definitely used for electronic fiction. i don't have links to any examples but i remember a friend in the late 80s was playing around with it as a way to create non-linear narrative work.

but this is just another example of big institutions defining firsts of things, like my favourite one to complain about, the tate live performance series so kindly brining us the first ever performance series curated for the web, in 2012 ... :D

h : )