 From: Pall Thayer <pallt...@gmail.com>
To: NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
<netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 0:33
Subject: Re: [NetBehaviour] my first piece of net art

I agree with Alan, I think you should experiment with more aggressive
approaches. The visual impact is all very soft but the content isn't. The "shut
up" blinds are very subtle but "shut up" is anything but a subtle phrase.

The aesthetic interplay between the text banners and background is quite nice
but I feel like it needs some more "in your face"-ness to it.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:

>Hi Paula,
>
>I watched this and noticed it looped around; I saw that also in the page
>source. I really like the topic and your handling of it, but the space is
>slow; you're talking about noise/buzzing, a kind of hysteria buiding up, but
>the reading pace doesn't follow suit, ad the reaader waits for the next phrase
>to appear. I do like the open-ended aspect of the piece, which could apply
>either to physical or psychological or imaginary issues. The turning 'shut up'
>bars also worked well - also as a kind of interference - they protrudced
>constantly into the space. I'd like to see where you go from here -
>
>- Alan
>

>On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Paula Musgrove wrote:
>

>Hi
>>Thought I might share my first piece of net art. I leave it open to
>>interpretation and welcome any responses.
>>
>>http://www.writtleart.org/PaulaM/shutupanim.html
>>
>>(Does not work well with Safari on iOS)
>>
>>Thanks
>>Paula