One of many points today -
I wonder if this conversation could be extended here to the UAE, where there
is a great deal of cultural activity (but it is still a Œsmall¹town)

From:  ruth catlow <ruth.cat...@furtherfield.org>
Date:  Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10:04 PM
To:  <netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>
Subject:  Re: [NetBehaviour] An interview with Geert Lovink

Thanks Annie and Randall,

 for offers to host and for your ideas and reflections.

 The idea of asking a gallery visitor to join a discussion on Netbehaviour
is provoking!

 I look forward to hearing more from you Annie: )

 Randall,I'd also like to comment on something you wrote in an earlier mail
:
 "it¹s not clear to me that he is aware of the many museums in the US and
the around the world that are employing social media and what is called
³user-generated content² in all sorts of compelling ways that invite
engagement and social change. "

 I think that what is under discussion here is digital art or media art that
prompts a more critical reflection about digital tools and technology- and
considers how they influence and change mass behaviours and society and
power etc. I think this goes beyond 'engagement'. This is not to dismiss the
work that you describe- just to distinguish.

 Ruth