email lists, which still seem on the wane, seem to be the only online forum for extended discussion and a kind of 'care' in reading that's almost impossible elsewhere. that's why empyre, for example, works so well. there's a kind of reading-voice and interiority that allows for thoughtfulness, listening...

- Alan