Dear Johannes,

Thanks for reacting. First of all I am not trying to get a new hype going,
I am using an existing term coined by Arjen Mulder in 2012 to think about
artistic practices that somehow take human behaviour as their anchor point,
as their aesthetic material. it made me a bit sad that the word agency
brings along so many negative feelings in a lot of people, because for me
it is an empowering word, it means I can put things in motion. For years I
used silently in myself the term behavioural art - silently yes, because
for someone trained in biology "behavioural" is a stained word. It turned
out that for others "agency" is just as stained.
I can't find other words and will do with these ... , I was very happy with
Mulder's theoretical embedding of the concept.

Yes, I was struggling with how to relate the concept of Agency Art and
Barad's ideas (as far as I could understand them) and I think I found my
personal solution near the end of my second mail :

*"Agency Art is made of interaction, but should be constructed, looked at
with intra-active spectacles."*
*"Agency Art is art that makes it clear to the receiver via his or her body
what is at stake, where opportunities for action lie, and which virtual*
behaviours he or she can actualize. It demonstrates how choices work, and
how to create patterns that retain their coherence while you remain part of
them and transform when you move within their field of action." (* virtual
understood as potentiality, not as a quality or in a re-presentable way)*

As for *Distant Feeling(s)*, Johannes, - I am glad you bring that work up -
that might be the best example in my work of what I am looking for in
Agency Art - open to all, a meeting, no hierarchy, a frame (the interface)
/ the apparatus is co-constructing the final performance, some rules, every
participant responds freely and is responsible. (thanks for making it
co-happen)

xxx Annie

ps I was not suggesting that you take any technology or medium as  starting
point, but I know a lot of work using technology does.
And please forgive me for bothering you all with unfinished thoughts.I
thought some might be interested.