For me it created "Apache NetBeans" in the Applications folder (as opposed
to /Applications/NetBeans).  Previously, the NetBeans version was part of
the name.

I created a project in Desktop to see if it would ask for permission which
it did nicely.

I am curious about the lack of folks and/or resources to produce this
(guessing I missed a discussion).

Regards,
Carl