On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 at 15:17, Carl Mosca <carljmo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For me it created "Apache NetBeans" in the Applications folder (as opposed to
> /Applications/NetBeans).  Previously, the NetBeans version was part of the
> name.

Yes, this is also part of supporting in-place upgrading.  The
NBPackage-based Linux packages already do this.  As do all of the
community installers built with NBPackage that include a local JDK.

> I created a project in Desktop to see if it would ask for permission which it
> did nicely.
>
> I am curious about the lack of folks and/or resources to produce this
> (guessing I missed a discussion).

There wasn't much discussion on dev@ about this.  There are limited
PMC and release team people with access to Apache code signing, and to
a relevant mac (x64 - I can't build the old installer on my M1 without
making a few changes).  Which reminds me, another change in this -
NBPackage builds the Swift launcher in the app as dual-architecture
when no JDK is bundled.  Not that we have Arm versions of terminal and
profiler support yet!

Thanks,

Neil