On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 at 10:21, Martin Balín <mart...@windowslive.com> wrote:

> Tested the pkg installer on macOS 13.5.2 and it works.
>
> Just minor thing I’ve noticed what is installed in Applications does not have
> version. E.g. I have 2x
> Apache NetBeans.app
> Apache NetBeans.app
> Now guess which one is 19 and which one is 20? In Launchpad it cannot be even
> distinguished by date.
> Can it have name like “Apache NetBeans 20.app”?

Well, the only reason you have two at all is that I changed the bundle
ID for the testing version as Scott suggested earlier.  We should
possibly change the .app name to include either the version or just
-rc / -prerelease when doing this for future release candidates.

The main release will install over NB19 (ie. in-place upgrade), as
previously discussed on this thread.  We could consider whether the
version should be in the app name, although I'm not sure of any
implications of doing so in terms of paths, etc.?  NBPackage was
written to allow us to ship installers that upgrade in place, which
personally I think is the right approach given our frequent updates,
but it's easy to change to support side-by-side installation if more
users want that instead.

Thanks everyone for testing.

Best wishes,

Neil