On Tue, 2005-26-07 at 21:54 +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> David S. Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > But how can this possibly work for skb->dst'less packets (such as IPV4
> > ARP generated frames)?
>
> I think the answer is that it works by accident.

But does it matter really? If say we close down the device,
do we want to be stopped from closing it until all the packets have been
transmitted? We purge the qdiscs iirc already on close, so why not the
transmit ring?

cheers,
jamal

PS:- Dave, I think all this holding refcount thing on the input_dev is
complicating things. Lets just use the ifindex and forget about
refcounting; worst is we will end up failing some classification
somewhere - which if somebody really cares about they will have some
policy daemon listening to things and fixing the ifindices in the
kernel.