Jiri Benc wrote:
Our patches against latest ieee80211 branch can be found at
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jbenc/

Thanks for your patience.

To answer Pavel's question from the other email:

I was hoping that Intel would resend their patches, rediffed to the latest ieee80211 branch. I didn't want to apply all these cleanups, which would then force Intel to rediff _yet again_.

However, sufficient time has passed without an Intel update, so I'll go ahead and start applying this stuff.

Patches have to be applied in this order (also specified in 'series'
file):

debug-macros-cleanup.patch

applied

ipw2100-cleanup-prefixes.patch

applied

ipw2100-cleanup-debug-prints.patch

applied

ipw2100-cleanup-static.patch
    Various cleanups from Pavel Machek, Adrian Bunk and us.

applied

ipw2100-fix-config-promisc.patch
    CONFIG_IPW2100_PROMISC should be CONFIG_IPW2100_MONITOR.

applied

ipw2100-open-fix.patch
    Imre Deak's patch for enabling carrier after an open when card is
    already associated.

applied

ipw2200-remove-support-for-obsolete-kernels.patch

applied

ipw2200-remove-trap-and-unused-stuff.patch
    Cleanups from Pavel Machek.

applied

add-new-definitions.patch

applied

convert-defines-to-enums.patch
    Adds all definitions from 802.11x specs (from Gertjan van Wingerde.)

applied

endian-aware-types.patch
    Michael Wu's patch for replacing u16 with __le16/__be16.

applied

ieee-dev-alignment.patch
ipw-fix-after-ieee-dev-alignment.patch
    Organizes the priv field of struct ieee80211_device in a similar manner
    as the priv field in struct net_device. Makes drivers use
    ieee80211_device instead of net_device.

configuration-struct.patch
ipw-fix-after-configuration-struct.patch
    Cleanup and improvements of ieee80211 configuration. Adds support for
    switching off software fragmentation, fixes MSDU encryption.

add-seq-number.patch
    Adds sequence numbers to transmitted frames.

any security implications here, as with TCP sequence numbers?

separate-from-ethernet.patch
    Makes the 802.11 layer independent of ethernet. 802.11 frames are no
    longer transformed from ethernet frames.

eth_p_802_11-ethertype.patch
fix-packet_socket-arp.patch
    Fixes of things broken by the previous patch. New ETH_P_802_11 ethertype
    is introduced, packet socket is fixed.

fix-definitions-for-xmit.patch
ipw-fix-after-definitions-for-xmit.patch
    Preparation for the next patch. Cleanup and fix of rate and modulation
    constants and variables.

xmit-skb.patch
ipw-fix-after-xmit-skb.patch
    Support for sending fragments one by one and for sending management
    frames. Wiped out struct ieee80211_txb.
    This patch needs to be improved - comments are greatly appreciated.

recv-skb.patch
ipw-fix-after-recv-skb.patch
    More generic handling of received frames. Initial support for handling
    of incoming management frames.

networks.patch
ipw-fix-after-networks.patch
    Hashtable for detected networks. Introduced functions for manipulation
    with the hashtable to allow support of devices performing the whole
    scanning in firmware.

Can any of these patches be moved above the ieee80211_device patch?

We'll let these stew a bit...

        Jeff