> Hi!
>
> I noticed that wireless patches are now in the mainline. That is good,
> patches are getting smaller, but it is going to make future user
> interface changes harder; and thats very bad.
Hi,

I'm also happy that these are in mainline now.

> There are good reasons to have wireless interfaces as wlanX, with
> tcpdump showing wireless packetes, etc; but current patches name it
> ethX, and you get plain ethernet packets on tcpdump. Are we going to
> keep showing wireless interfaces as ethernet ones forever, or do we
> plan to switch to wlanX? If we decide to switch, we should either

IMHO, We have already used ethX for all the time that this driver has been
used. Therefore, most likely, if we change from eth1 to wlan0, we are going
to mix up more people than we can mix new people.

We had a long talk about this in the IPW ML and at the end we considered the
wireless adapter an ethernet interface too, so we just sticked with ethX.

I hope it stays as ethX.

.Alejandro