On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:01:57AM -0800, Michael Chan wrote:
> Most likely due to MMIO being re-ordered. We've seen this on a number of
> AMD machines.
>
> Please try this test patch below. If the problem goes away, send me the
> output of lspci -vvvxxx on your machine and I'll create a patch to fix
> this automatically on your machine. Thanks.

[patch snipped]

I thought it was working quite well with the patch - it certainly
seemed to stay up for longer than it had done previously.

Unfortunately after several hours of being ping flooded the network
interface has just stopped working completely. No responses to ping
requests at all. The machine looks up and happy from the serial
console and nothing has appeared in the kernel log. Sending ping
packets from the host itself doesn't increase the packet counts as
reported by ifconfig.

Taking the interface down and back up again recovered the situation
and the machine is pinging again.

Perhaps this new problem is unrelated. I shall try and reproduce
it. Is there anything I should try when the interface is locked up to
help?

--
Mike Crowe