Alexey Dobriyan writes:

> The fact that they can be represented by the same bit patterns is
> irrelevant.

Indeed it is.  The fact that the C standard says that "0" is a valid
representation for a null pointer in C source code *is* relevant,
though.  That is in fact something that *wasn't* in K&R C but was
introduced in ISO Standard C, and I think it makes sense.

Anyway, this whole discussion is silly.  Can we move on to discussing
whether "disc" or "disk" is the correct spelling, or something else
equally productive? :)

Paul.