From: Eric Dumazet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:51:00 +0100

> I'm sorry but last_rx is not available to User Land.
>
> You need a kernel debugger to access it, or mess with /proc/kcore

There are tons of pieces of state tracked for net devices
which we don't export to userland.

This one is generally useful.  Right now, it may be the case
that bonding is the only consumer in the kernel, but that
might not always be true.  I can very easily envison uses
by the packet scheduler and classifiers.

This optimization is truly erroneous, and I think people are going
waaay over the top wrt. optimizing the loopback interface on SMP.