On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 05:48:41PM +0200, Robert Iakobashvili ([EMAIL
PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Evgeniy,
>

> >There are some stuff already implemented and presented in netdev@,
> > unfortunately it did not get much attention and feedback.
> >
> > Queue of events used for socket operations:
> > http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=kevent
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/171317/
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113949344414464&w=2
> >
> > Network AIO operations:
> > http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=naio
> > sending support:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113992502032729&w=2
> > receiving support:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113949344426019&w=2
> >
> > Sending zero-copy is supported from ... it was added very long ago.
> > Receiving zero-copy requires special hardware, which can split protocol
> > header from data. Some work can be found at:
> > http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=recv_zero_copy
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=113465769816658&w=2
> >
> > So, while commercial Unix vendors create rocket-science-capable API,
> > Linux just implements the core.
> >

> Your patches have been recently discussed on ACE mail list
>  (ACE is an Adaptive Communication Environment - a userspace framework
>  toolkit for OO communication)
>  regarding future support of linux kernel to so-called Proactor design
>  pattern, where true asynch support from kernel has real advantages.

Ugh...
So people can find the ways to connect kernelspace event queue and
asynchronous networking operations with object-oriented design patterns?

It's time to me to have a step forward from stone age...

Could you please provide a link, it would be nice to read this discussion.