On (03/15/16 10:18), Eric Dumazet wrote:

> Look at SO_SNDBUF and SO_RCVBUF implementation.
>
> sk->sk_sndbuf = max_t(u32, val * 2, SOCK_MIN_SNDBUF);
>
> sk->sk_rcvbuf = max_t(u32, val * 2, SOCK_MIN_RCVBUF);
>
> kernel definitely has some logic here.

Ok, I can do the same thing (and we do this consistently across
all drivers?)

> If you believe SOCK_MIN_SNDBUF and/or SOCK_MIN_RCVBUF are wrong, please
> elaborate.

I dont recall suggesting that.

BTW, when I tried it, doing a SO_SNDBUF of 1 from uspace does not return
an error. It merely sets the buffer size to 4608 (as reported by
getsockopt in my env. I think the getsockopt value is impacted by
many factors).

--Sowmini