On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:40:05PM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This patch contains the overdue removal of ip{,6}_queue.
>
> I think this is too early, none of the distributions seem to have
> picked up the compat library already. I believe (not sure, Harald?)
> that it requires at least recompilation of programs using libipq,
> so the 6 month period seems too short.

Yes, apparently the distro's don't seem to be picking up the new
userspace libraries.  The question is, however, whether any further
delay really is the right motivation for them to pick them up soon ;)

Maybe we should add a printk ('app foo is using obsolete ip_queue
system').

> It also appears the compat library won't work on older system,

could you elaborate on that?

> so I have to admit I'm not sure about the removal at all.

I'm still for the removal, but probably giving it some more time.

--
- Harald Welte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 http://netfilter.org/