Florian Fainelli wrote:
     netif_stop_queue(netdev);
>     napi_disable(&adpt->rx_q.napi);
>
>I cannot call just napi_disable() in emac_change_mtu(), because when I
>then call emac_mac_down(), the first thing it does is call
>netif_stop_queue(), and that's when I timeout/hang.
Whatever emac_mac_down() does you can unroll it in the change_mtu
callback anyway, so if this a problematic sequence you can work around it.

I'm having difficulty coming up with an actual sequence that works. This odd interaction between netif_stop_queue() and napi_disable() is giving me inconsistent results.

The hang occurs with this loop in napi_disable():

        while (test_and_set_bit(NAPI_STATE_SCHED, &n->state))
                msleep(1);

This loop never exits. Can you give me a clue as to what could be the reason?

>Unfortunately, I cannot even do this:
>
>     netif_stop_queue(netdev);
>     napi_disable(&adpt->rx_q.napi);
>     netif_stop_queue(netdev);
>     napi_disable(&adpt->rx_q.napi);
>
>Even though I've already called netif_stop_queue(), calling it again
>causes the timeout/hang.

Buf if this is really what you copy/pasted here, why do this twice anyway?

Sorry, what I meant was that I was hoping that *both* emac_change_mtu() and emac_mac_down() could do

        netif_stop_queue(netdev);
        napi_disable(&adpt->rx_q.napi);

Which would have the effect of what I wrote above.

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the