This patch introduces a new kernel feature designed to support labeled
networking protocols such as RIPSO and CIPSO.  These protocols are required to
interoperate with existing "trusted" operating systems such as Trusted Solaris.
I am posting the patch now not because I feel it is ready for inclusion into
any of the main kernel trees but because it is usable and I would like to
solicit comments from the community sooner rather than later.

I know there has been at least one previous effort to get CIPSO support into
the kernel and that was rejected.  I have tried to take the feedback from that
patch into consideration with this patch and create a new mechanism which
treads as lightly as possible on the core networking stack.  I have also
worked to make the new patch LSM agnostic so that this code can be shared
amongst multiple LSMs; while I am only providing a patch for SELinux at this
point I do understand that there is at least one other LSM that is interested
in making use of this new mechanism.

I understand that there will probably need to be a lengthy review period due
to the size and complexity of this patch.  I also understand that my relative
inexperience with submitting patches to the Linux kernel will not do much to
help my cause but I appreciate your patience and any comments you may have.

There is a more information as well as a basic userspace tool for configuration
of the NetLabel subsystem here:

* http://free.linux.hp.com/~pmoore/projects/linux_cipso

Thanks.

CREDITS                                                   |    7
Documentation/00-INDEX                                    |    2
Documentation/netlabel/00-INDEX                           |   10
Documentation/netlabel/cipso_ipv4.txt                     |   48
Documentation/netlabel/draft-ietf-cipso-ipsecurity-01.txt |  791 +++++
Documentation/netlabel/introduction.txt                   |   44
Documentation/netlabel/lsm_interface.txt                  |   47
include/linux/ip.h                                        |    1
include/linux/netlink.h                                   |    1
include/net/cipso_ipv4.h                                  |  179 +
include/net/inet_sock.h                                   |    2
include/net/netlabel.h                                    |  355 ++
net/Kconfig                                               |    2
net/Makefile                                              |    1
net/ipv4/Makefile                                         |    1
net/ipv4/cipso_ipv4.c                                     | 1568 ++++++++++
net/ipv4/ip_fragment.c                                    |   38
net/ipv4/ip_options.c                                     |   19
net/netlabel/Kconfig                                      |   47
net/netlabel/Makefile                                     |   15
net/netlabel/netlabel_cipso_v4.c                          |  519 +++
net/netlabel/netlabel_cipso_v4.h                          |  185 +
net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.c                        |  629 ++++
net/netlabel/netlabel_domainhash.h                        |   64
net/netlabel/netlabel_kapi.c                              |  374 ++
net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.c                              |  686 ++++
net/netlabel/netlabel_mgmt.h                              |  265 +
net/netlabel/netlabel_unlabeled.c                         |  289 +
net/netlabel/netlabel_unlabeled.h                         |   90
net/netlabel/netlabel_user.c                              |  166 +
net/netlabel/netlabel_user.h                              |   42
security/selinux/hooks.c                                  |   64
security/selinux/include/security.h                       |    6
security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.c                             |  155
security/selinux/ss/ebitmap.h                             |    6
security/selinux/ss/mls.c                                 |  160 +
security/selinux/ss/mls.h                                 |   25
security/selinux/ss/services.c                            |  252 +
security/selinux/xfrm.c                                   |   22

paul moore
linux security @ hp