On Mon, 2006-14-08 at 00:00 +0200, Thomas Graf wrote:
> plain text document attachment (rtnl_convert_ip6_addr)
> Fixes a wrong use of current->pid as netlink pid.

If i am not mistaken:
Some of these removals of current->pid will affect users such as quagga,
zebra, vrrpd etc. If those specific users are not affected, please
ignore the rest of my comments.

I realize mr. Kuznetsov submitted at least one patch in the past to do
something similar to this.
IMO, I believe there is a strong case that can be made for events that
were caused by non-netlink users such as ioctls that could at least be
multicast with current->pid. In other words an exception case for only
this scenario. In such a case there is no unicast netlink message.
It would also be acceptable if the quagga etc folks could meet their
goals some other way.

cheers,
jamal