On 10/25/2017 5:15 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 06:01:34PM CEST, alexander.du...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> 1.       To offload filter into HW, the hw-tc-offload feature flag has
>> to be turned on before creating the ingress qdisc.
>>
>> Previously, this could also be turned on after the qdisc was created
>> and the filters could still be offloaded. Looks like this is because,
>> previously the offload flag was checked as a part of filter
>> integration in the classifier, and now it is checked as part of qdisc
>> creation (ingress_init). So, if no offload capability is advertised at
>> ingress qdisc creation time then hardware will not be asked to offload
>> filters later if the flag is enabled.
>
> I have patchset that fixes this in my queue now. Will do some smoke
> testing and send later today.
>

>> 2.       Deleting the ingress qdisc fails to remove filters added in
>> HW. Filters in SW gets deleted.
>>
>> We haven’t exactly root-caused this, the changes being extensive, but
>> our guess is again something wrong with the offload check or similar
>> while unregistering the block callback (tcf_block_cb_unregister) and
>> further to the classifier (CLS_U32/CLS_FLOWER etc.) with the
>> DESTROY/REMOVE command.
>
> Hmm. How does this worked previously. I mean, do you see change of
> behaviour? I'm asking because I don't see how rules added only to HW
> could be removed, driver should care of it. Or are you talking about
> rules added to both SW and HW?

These are rules added to both SW and HW. Previously all cls_* had
ndo_setup_tc calls based on the offload capability.

commit 8d26d5636d "net: sched: avoid ndo_setup_tc calls for
TC_SETUP_CLS*" removed this bit to work with the new block callback. Is
there something similar in the block callback flow while acting on the
tcf_proto destroy call initiated when the qdisc is cleared?