On Wed, August 23, 2006 1:32, Alexey Kuznetsov said:

>> Isn't a socket freed until all skb are handled? In which case the limit on
>> the number of open
>> files limits the total memory usage? (Same as with streaming sockets?)
>
> Alas. Number of closed sockets is not limited. Actually, it is limited
> by sk_max_ack_backlog*max_files, which is a lot.

Hmm... So setting sk_max_ack_backlog to 1 makes it limited by max_files,
which should make the worst case the same as for streaming sockets, right?

> The problem is specific for unconnected datagram sockets
> (predicate unix_peer(other) != sk)

Doesn't that mean that both sockets are connected to eachother? I mean,
if only this socket connects to the other the above check isn't true.

Greetings,

Indan