At 01:15 15/09/2006, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:51:50 +0100
Tony Jeffree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve/Brian -
>
> You've probably seen Mick Seaman's comments on this by now - as he points
> out in his email, tinkering with existing STP implementations is not likely
> to be a rewarding exercise and I would encourage you not to go there.
>
> I would suggest that it would be a much more valuable exercise for the
> Linux community to replace the existing STP support with an implementation
> of RSTP.
>
> Regards,
> Tony

Work is already in progress to do RSTP (by several different people),
but the effort is going slowly.

Steve -

In that case, I would strongly suggest that you channel any additional available effort in that direction, rather than in the direction of tinkering with STP.

Regards,
Tony