On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 23:43 you wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 04:12:26PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > the AP code never worked. And the hostapd-ioctl interface was designed
> > for prism2/2.5/3 cards, but not for "fullmac" prism54.
>
> What do you mean by never working? I have seen fullmac Prism54
> completing WPA authentication with hostapd.. This was using the
> driver_prism54.c in hostapd, not the Host AP driver interface.
> > (BTW, hostapd's backend for prism54 uses a "proprietary" interface -
> > PIMFOR -, which never made it into the kernel.)
>
> But it worked in the external driver. So yes, saying that the version in
> kernel tree never worked in AP mode would probably be valid.

ok, sorry my fault, I should have put it this was:

it was never woking for ME, linmax, roland warsow, ...
and I tried alot of things. (patches, how-tos, ask the maintainer, etc. )
But i only saw "Oops" or "mgt: queue full" ...

the PIMFOR-Interface is a direct "tunnel" to the hardware.
And guess what? it's very "crashy" .. (e.g "set/get the generic elements" does
a very good job. ;) )

> And as far as the WEXT interface in hostapd is concerned, no, there is
> no such thing yet.

that's correct.
WEXT is not going anywhere anymore, but maybe cfg80211?

Chr