On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 14:18 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> This is not about the name that makes sense.  I think using ethX names
> for wireless devices is utterly stupid, but it's what all current upstream
> drivers do, and at least for WE compat we'll have to stick to it.

No, that's not true, zd1201 doesn't [1] :) Has anyoen ever complained
about that? In any case, tools iterate all netdevs and call some
wireless ioctl to check if they are wireless, or
check /proc/net/wireless (which is actually bad, but ...).

Besides, WE never said that names have to have certain names. What makes
you think so?

johannes

[1]
http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob;h=36b29ff058141a712619e55184566b39ce414efd;hb=aefba081d7b7dfd1c5752f6e6e709d8b5ab80ab7;f=drivers/net/wireless/zd1201.c#l1790