Quoting Chris Lalancette:
|  Hello,
|       I realized that all of the packets that go from the crashing machine to
the netdump server have a zero checksum.
<snip>
|       Assuming that this is just an oversight, attached is a simple patch to
compute the UDP checksum in netpoll_send_udp.

|  Signed-off-by: Chris Lalancette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

RFC 768 allows to not compute the checksum by leaving uh->check at 0 - hence it
is not illegal.
But without David's suggestion the code is not valid, since otherwise there is
no way of
distinguishing a computed `0' from an ignored `0' field:
 if ( udph->check == 0 )
        udph->check = -1;