On 3/13/07, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Introduce tcp_hdrlen() and tcp_optlen():
The ip_hdrlen() buddy, created to reduce the number of skb->h.th-> uses and to
avoid the longer, open coded equivalent.

+static inline unsigned int tcp_hdrlen(const struct sk_buff *skb)
+{
+       return skb->h.th->doff * 4;
+}
+
+static inline unsigned int tcp_optlen(const struct sk_buff *skb)
+{
+       return (skb->h.th->doff - 5) * 4;
+}

acme, good stuff, but does the " * 4" generate equivalent assembly
with gcc 3/4 as " << 2" ?

I could assume that the compiler would be smart enough, but every time
I assume I know what the compiler is doing I get myself in trouble.