Only the 1.2.0 version of the external driver makes LRO incompatible with forwarding. The problem should be fixed in version 1.3.0 released a few weeks ago (forwarding with myri10ge_lro enabled should then work), let us know otherwise.

Anyway, following David Miller remark about netfilter, for the next version we might ask the user to explicitely enable LRO rather than making the default.

Speaking of defaults, it would seem that the external 1.2.0 driver comes with 9000 bytes as the default MTU? At least I think that is what I am seeing now that I've started looking more closely.

rick jones