David Miller wrote:
From: Patrick McHardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:21:34 +0200

This allows any user to send spoofed packets when ip_nonlocal_bind
is set, which is a quite big change in behaviour of this option.
The TPROXY patches include a similar change, but use a flag in
struct flowi that requires CAP_NET_ADMIN to be set, which seems like
a better idea. Alternatively you could just use input routing for
non-local source addresses like ip_route_me_harder does.

Good point.

BTW, there doesn't even seem to be a spot where IPVS calls
ip_route_output with the source address set. What exactly is this
needed for?

I suppose he has a patch to make use of it, but was waiting
for this route.c change to go in first.

If you mean me, the answer is no, I do not have any patch making use of the change in question. What I have is rather a complicated method of notifying udp clients on communication problems before they are redirected to a new real server. My method needs some IPVS related patches, but ICMP port unreachable messages are not generated inside IPVS code, they are just sent, with help of the patch in question, from udp_input() or netfilter REJECT.

It was my first intention to patch IPVS to send these messages, but I found no simple way to implement this in the current IPVS code.

Janusz