Shane wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:39:47AM -0700, Bruce Cole wrote:
Shane, join the crowd :)  Try the fix I just re-posted over here:

Bruce, gigabit speeds thanks for the pointer.  This fix
works well for me though I just added the three or so lines
in the elseif statement as it rejected with the
r8169-20070818.  I suppose I could've merged the whole
thing and if you need that tested, let me know but this is
looking good.
Glad it works for you. I'm not the maintainer, and also don't have adequate specs from Realtek to definitively explain why the NPQ bit apparently needs to be re-enabled when some but not all of the TX FIFO is dequeued. It is documented as if it isn't cleared until the FIFO is empty. So I assume an official patch will have to wait until Francois is back.