On Fri, 2007-31-08 at 14:17 +0200, Daniele Venzano wrote:

> I don't regard the TxOK solution as something usable for mainline, but it has
> its
> use for the users of pktgen.

I dont know if you followed the discussion - by defering the freeing of
skbs, you will be slowing down socket apps sending from the local
machine. It may be ok if the socket buffers were huge, but that comes at
the cost of system memory (which may not be a big deal)
Do you by any chance recall why you used the idle interupt instead of
txok to kick the prunning of tx descriptors?

cheers,
jamal